iHikeGPS App, version 4.0 released.
- Stitch Together Maps for Seamless Coverage across Map Boundaries.
- View Date, Time, and Average Speed on the Elevation Graph.
- Show the Estimated Time of Arrival at all Waypoints on a Route.
- Refine the Position of a Waypoint when you Arrive.
- Choose Individual Track Sections to View on the Elevation Graph.
- Read with Ease from a Distance with Larger Font Sizes on your iPad.
- Download the Maps you need from wherever you are in the App.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.5 released.
- Updated for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.4 released.
- Topo Maps added for British Columbia & Alberta south of 52° latitude, plus Jasper National Park & Prince Albert National Park.
- Route page shows the bearing between route waypoints.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.3 released.
- Maps added for Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Support for the Retina display featured on the new iPad.
- Tap a Geotagged photo to create a waypoint.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.2 released.
- Quickly measure distance and direction to any point on a map.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.1 released.
- Displays percentage of track memory used.
- Safeguards your stored maps against deletion by iOS 5. Updating to both Apple's iOS 5.0.1 and iHikeGPS 3.1 will protect your downloaded maps.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.0 released.
- Create, Edit, Navigate and Share Routes with Waypoints, and Routes with a Path.
- GPX Import and Export of Routes and Tracks.
- New updated look. User interface enhancements.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.5 released.
- Direction shown in Degrees True or Degrees Magnetic.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.4 released.
- Delete All Waypoints with a single tap.
- View the map border lines to check what you've downloaded.
- Show or Hide your Waypoint Notes on the map.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.3 released.
- Import GPX and LOC waypoints by email or iTunes.
Export GPX waypoints and tracks by email or iTunes.
- Adds UTM to the coordinate options.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.2 released.
- Displays Compass Heading.
- Switches to rapid updating as you get close to a “Go To” waypoint. Perfect as you zero-in on a geocache.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.1 released.
- Full Resolution on the iPhone 4 Display.
- Background Recording of Tracks.
- Switch On and Off Track Recording.
- Switch On and Off Auto-Lock and Proximity Sensor.
- Location Entry and Display in Degrees,
Degrees /Minutes, or Degrees/Minutes/Seconds.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.0 released.
- Universal App for iPad with 3G and iPhone.
- Improved Performance on Map Screen updates when Panning and Zooming
- Quick-start Guide for 1st time users.
- Search for Location Name includes USGS Topo Quad names.
- Preserves map location when App is quit and restarted.
- Short-cut to My Location
- Switch between the Distance/Bearing/ETA display and the current Lat/long/altitude display when using a Go To waypoint.
- Improved track file import into Google Earth.
iHikeGPS iPhone App, version 1.1 released.
- View USGS and US Forest Service 24K topo map quads even with no cell network connection.
- View track log superimposed on the map, and in elevation profile.
- Automatic map switching as you travel, or lock in a chosen map.
- Set a Go To waypoint to see distance, direction and estimated time of arrival.
- Email your tracks and waypoints to friends.