iHikeGPS App, version 7.1.3 released.
- Choose from a selection of waypoint icons.
iHikeGPS App, version 7.1.2 released.
- Calculates the enclosed area of a route or track.
- Toggle on and off the display of all waypoints except those being used to navigate.
- Create a new waypoint by entering the direction and distance from a known point.
iHikeGPS App, version 7.1.1 released.
- Added a Delete All option on the Map List screen.
iHikeGPS App, version 7.1 released.
- 2678 additional downloadable maps:
USGS 100K, USGS 250K and SE Canada 250K overview maps.
US Forest Service 50K maps for Alaska.
- Download up to 750 maps.
- Get driving directions to the route trail head with a single tap.
- Removed map display glitch when zoomed out on the iPad Pro.
iHikeGPS App, version 7.0.2 released.
- Updated for iOS 10.2.
- Removed map display glitch when zoomed out on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
iHikeGPS App, version 7.0.1 released.
- Improved Visual Appearance and Usability.
iHikeGPS App, version 7.0 released.
- Search USGS and NRC Place Name databases to add waypoints.
- New tap-saving shortcuts.
- Print the Owner’s Manual from inside the app (iOS 9 or later).
iHikeGPS App, version 6.3.6 released.
- Last Version to Support iOS 5 and iOS 6
iHikeGPS App, version 6.3.2 released.
- Improved Help Screen Navigation
iHikeGPS App, version 6.3 released.
iHikeGPS App, version 6.2 released.
- Long Tap on "Go To" instantly starts navigation on the map screen.
- Improved Map Stitching
iHikeGPS App, version 6.1 released.
iHikeGPS App, version 6.0 released.
- 2015 US Forest Service Topo Maps.
iHikeGPS App, version 5.2.2 released.
- Send a KML file for any location directly for display in Google Earth.
- Fixes a problem with the Save Track as a Route action on the Track Screen.
iHikeGPS App, version 5.2 released.
- Search Waypoints and Routes.
- Trip Timer and Odometer on the Map Screen.
iHikeGPS App, version 5.1 released.
- Show waypoints along the path on the elevation graphs.
- A Direction Indicator extends from the current location marker.
- Send a KML file directly for display in Google Earth.
- More convenient map downloading.
- Updated for iOS 8.3.
iHikeGPS App, version 5.0.3 released.
- User Interface Improvements on the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPad.
iHikeGPS App, version 5.0 released.
- Updated for iOS 8, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
iHikeGPS App, version 4.6 released.
- One button waypoint creation for your current location.
- More Maps for Canada. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island added. Alberta and British Columbia coverage extended north to 54° latitude.
iHikeGPS App, version 4.5 released.
- Print maps overlaid with waypoints, routes and tracks.
- AirDrop map images to your friends, even in the wilderness with no Internet connection.
- Print elevation graphs of your hike.
- More Maps for Alberta and British Columbia.
Coverage extended north to 53° latitude.
iHikeGPS App, version 4.4 released.
- Post locations and topo map images to Twitter, Facebook, Messages and email.
- AirDrop sharing of waypoints, routes and tracks, even in the wilderness with no Internet connection.
- Share GPX files using iMessage and “Open In” another app.
- Legend for Canadian topo maps.
iHikeGPS App, version 4.3 released.
- View the Elevation Profile for routes made from recorded tracks.
- Updated for iOS 7.1
iHikeGPS App, version 4.2 released.
- Beautiful New iOS 7 Interface.
- Stop track recording automatically when you drive away from the trailhead.
iHikeGPS App, version 4.1 released.
- Newly Updated US Forest Service Maps!
Most were updated in 2011-2013. None older than 2009.
- Search Place Names using the USGS and Natural Resources Canada Geographic Names databases.
- Select a Waypoint to Go To or Edit while on the main map screen.
- Includes the Date and Time in the Note of a Waypoint Marked at your current location.
- Record a track log that is twice as long.
iHikeGPS App, version 4.0 released.
- Stitch Together Maps for Seamless Coverage across Map Boundaries.
- View Date, Time, and Average Speed on the Elevation Graph.
- Show the Estimated Time of Arrival at all Waypoints on a Route.
- Refine the Position of a Waypoint when you Arrive.
- Choose Individual Track Segments to View on the Elevation Graph.
- Read with Ease from a Distance with Larger Font Sizes on your iPad.
- Download the Maps you need from wherever you are in the App.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.5 released.
- Updated for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.4 released.
- Topo Maps added for British Columbia & Alberta south of 52° latitude, plus Jasper National Park & Prince Albert National Park.
- Route page shows the bearing between route waypoints.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.3 released.
- Maps added for Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Support for the Retina display featured on the new iPad.
- Tap a Geotagged photo to create a waypoint.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.2 released.
- Quickly measure distance and direction to any point on a map.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.1 released.
- Displays percentage of track memory used.
- Safeguards your stored maps against deletion by iOS 5. Updating to both Apple’s iOS 5.0.1 and iHikeGPS 3.1 will protect your downloaded maps.
iHikeGPS App, version 3.0 released.
- Create, Edit, Navigate and Share Routes with Waypoints, and Routes with a Path.
- GPX Import and Export of Routes and Tracks.
- New updated look. User interface enhancements.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.5 released.
- Direction shown in Degrees True or Degrees Magnetic.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.4 released.
- Delete All Waypoints with a single tap.
- View the map border lines to check what you've downloaded.
- Show or Hide your Waypoint Notes on the map.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.3 released.
- Import GPX and LOC waypoints by email or iTunes.
Export GPX waypoints and tracks by email or iTunes.
- Adds UTM to the coordinate options.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.2 released.
- Displays Compass Heading.
- Switches to rapid updating as you get close to a Go To waypoint. Perfect as you zero-in on a geocache.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.1 released.
- Full Resolution on the iPhone 4 Display.
- Background Recording of Tracks.
- Switch On and Off Track Recording.
- Switch On and Off Auto-Lock and Proximity Sensor.
- Location Entry and Display in Degrees,
Degrees /Minutes, or Degrees/Minutes/Seconds.
iHikeGPS App, version 2.0 released.
- Universal App for iPad with 3G and iPhone.
- Improved Performance on Map Screen updates when Panning and Zooming
- Quick-start Guide for 1st time users.
- Search for Location Name includes USGS Topo Quad names.
- Preserves map location when App is quit and restarted.
- Short-cut to My Location
- Switch between the Distance/Bearing/ETA display and the current Lat/long/altitude display when using a Go To waypoint.
- Improved track file import into Google Earth.
iHikeGPS iPhone App, version 1.1 released.
- View USGS and US Forest Service 24K topo map quads even with no cell network connection.
- View track log superimposed on the map, and in elevation profile.
- Automatic map switching as you travel, or lock in a chosen map.
- Set a Go To waypoint to see distance, direction and estimated time of arrival.
- Email your tracks and waypoints to friends.