USGS Alaska Topo Maps
Free Access to All Maps
- Due to the vastness of the state, Alaska has unique mapping, which iHikeGPS supports.
- US Geological Survey 24K maps are available for the more populated areas of Alaska. Choose from 211 maps, each about 6 by 9 miles. Zoom in to view details as small as 8 feet.
- The whole state is covered by 2789 USGS 63K maps, which show about 12 by 17 miles each with visible details as small as 21 feet.
- 250K scale topo maps show a larger area of approximately 60 by 68 miles, giving an overview that is great while planning, flying or driving.
- One-time purchase of iHikeGPS includes forever- free download access of all topo maps directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch anywhere and anytime you have a Wi-Fi or Cell connection.
- Download USGS 24K, 63K and 250K maps, and switch between them. Store up to 750 maps at a time on your mobile device. Use in the wilderness anytime.
See the difference between 24K and 63K Maps.
A United States Geological Survey (USGS) 24K map
A United States Geological Survey (USGS) 63K map with the 24K area bordered in purple.